Next summer we will spend two weeks in England.
We will stay in London and a few days in Brighton too. Last summer we were in London and we visited the most tourist places and museums. This year I would like to see another side of this beautiful city.
I would also like to visit the city of Bath, but it's just an idea for the moment.
If you have any tips on places or things to do (atypical, why not), please tell me!
Happy week :)
Pictures from Visitbrighton, Visitlondon and Flickr.



I remember Bath as a beautiful place...but it was so long ago. About places near London, you can go to Oxford or Cambridge by train, that are quite beautiful to walk around. And just go shopping...enjoy markets...
RépondreSupprimerCambridge or Oxford ... it's a good idea and maybe a little less far than Bath. Merci ;)
SupprimerOh how exciting! Bath is indeed beautiful, a must I think. Brighton is nice too, but for me I like the country side& small villages. Outings to country pubs or tea shops for afternoon tea. However it was a long time since I was there last....still I have lovely memories!
RépondreSupprimerLooking for a destination not too far from London by train to spend a day or two. Bath seems a really nice place.. I'd rather go from village to village (as Cotswolds), but I would have to rent a car... Thank you Sally.
Supprimerokay, so right! don't miss bath! it'll please you no end. (bring a jane austen!)
RépondreSupprimerlondon a little different from the ordinary? spend a day in greenwich, visit the olympic park, do kew gardens (you can spend the day here!), walk the wonderfully sign posted thames' paths (there are many east and west), visit a smaller museum (soanes' house, william morris' house, handel's house, ...), and explore unknown areas. good luck and enjoy your time in england; i'm only a little envious.. ;))))
n♥
Merci Nadine ! I note your tips of Greenwich, Olympic park, and especially William Morris house (great idea, thank you). We spent a day at Kew Gardens last year and we loved it.
Supprimerwell you are spoilt for choice, as the brits say...sussex is v. nice for gardens and bloomsbury houses, then you are close to brighton as well but it's painful to drive out of london to get there. easier is to rent a car and explore around bath - there would be bristol and the coast as well. happy planning! (see my england labels as well as "quaint living", "grey lemon" and "junkaholique" blogs.)
RépondreSupprimerMerci pour tes conseils ! J'ai aussi regardé sur ton blog et j'y ai vu plein de choses intéressantes !
SupprimerJe n'ai rien fait d'atypique lors de ma dernière visite... mais je sais que si je retourne à Londres je passerai du temps dans ses parcs... Nul doute que tu feras de belles visites et de belles rencontres !
RépondreSupprimerC'est vrai que les parcs anglais sont très chouettes. Je pense que nous irons en faire plusieurs.
SupprimerJe ne connaissais pas ces bains !!! Ils sont beaux !!!
RépondreSupprimerOui, il parait que ça vaut vraiment le coup...c'est pour ça que j'irais bien passer 1 ou 2 jours à Bath...il faut que je me décide...suite au prochain épisode !
Supprimerengland has many many art-galeries, they are very open minded and when you go inside them, they make you feel like at home ( well this was a couple of years ago).
RépondreSupprimerfor me i'm going to the derbyshire - peak district- also very beautiful.
enjoy your stay there, for me....i just love england!!! mind you, please drive on the "wrong side" ;-)
Yes, Peak District seems to be so beautiful....I have to make a decision, it's not easy, there are so many pretty places to see ... :)
SupprimerMany years ago (very ago ;)) I was in England for student exchange. I was in area of the Dartmoor. And I visited the little city Torquay. That was a nice time as teenager. :)
RépondreSupprimerSorry I haven't any tips.