09/02/2014

Le vent se lève


I just saw this movie this afternoon. This is the latest movie by Hayao Miyazaki, unfortunately. This film is different from the previous ones because it's the biography of Jiro Horikoshi, a Japanese engineer who created the famous planes used during the World War II. This movie is quite dark and realistic but still full of poetry despite the subject. The scenery and landscapes are really beautiful. 
A very good cartoon more for adults than young children I think.

14 commentaires:

  1. i've never heard of this movie before. think i should check it out

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. I have not seen this movie but I know the story. Very nice movie!
    It is disappointing that Hayao Miyazaki decided to retire from producing films.

    Thank you for your nice comment for my post. Did you live in Japan before???

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. I'm sure you would like this movie. I am very disappointed too that he stop making movies because I really love his movies ...
      I spent two weeks in Japan a long time ago (10 years ago...). I kept stunning memories, this trip has greatly influenced me and I always dreamed of returning there :)

      Supprimer
  3. Thank you Menthe Blanche. I am glad to know that you like Japan!
    Have a happy day!

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. si j'ai le temps j'irais bien le voir avec mon grand !!! Bon d'abord il faut qu'il soit d'accord d'aler au ciné avec sa mèèèèèère ;-)))

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. :-D si vous y allez, tu verras, les décors et les paysages sont magnifiques. Même si ça ne m'a pas autant plu qu'un Totoro ou Chihiro, c'est intéressant et toujours empreint de poésie.

      Supprimer
  5. Very interesting, thanks for sharing! :-)

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. nous aussi on est fan, j'espère que l'on pourra le voir ici ...

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Oui, je l'espère. Je t'avoue que ma fille a très moyennement aimé...

      Supprimer
  7. I love Japanese animation. I have seen a few of these films & love them.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. This one is more serious and traditional than others. But I think you should love it.

      Supprimer
  8. un peu de monet dans ce tableau. tu me donnes envie de mieux connaitre l'oeuvre de miyazaki.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Oui, tu as tout à fait raison, je n'y avais pas pensé !
      Miyazaki a fait de formidables films...je les ai tous en dvd ! ;-)

      Supprimer