17/03/2013

Jappeloup




This afternoon we saw a (french) movie that I waited impatiently: Jappeloup.
This film tells the story of the wonderful jumping horse, Jappeloup and rider Pierre Durand. They won the gold medal at the Seoul Olympics in 1988. This story reminded me a lot of memories of my teens when I watched this horse and rider to the TV. I think I had a poster of this horse in my room :)
A beautiful film (not only for those who love horses & jumping), wonderful images, and good actors (Guillaume Canet, Daniel Auteuil,...).

Trailer (in french...)

12 commentaires:

  1. Thank you for this information....I would love to see this film!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. We used to have a horse (pony) that was called Jappeloup. I didn't know he was named after a famous horse and he looks just like him. Thanks for this!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Oh really? funny! This horse was very inspiring. Many black horses and ponies were called Jappeloup after the feats he did but I think they jumped not as high as him! :)

      Supprimer
  3. je vous voulais y aller dimanche matin mais trop de monde du fait du printemps du cinéma.
    J'irai cette semaine.
    Artemis

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Toute la famille a aimé, Miss M aussi :) J'ai versé ma petite larme à plusieurs reprises aussi (avec moi, ce n'est pas difficile...alors quand en plus, c'est une histoire avec un cheval... ).

      Supprimer
  4. J'attends qu'il passe dans ma bourgade !!! J'ai hâte !!!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Après ce film, toute la famille se mettra au saut d'obstacles :)

      Supprimer