30/05/2012

Corner view: fire


To illustrate the theme of the week (Fire) I decided to photograph the four fireplaces which are at home. Some are made of wood and other of marble. I'm not fan of marble. I hope one day we will change the fireplace of the livingroom to put stove instead. This room is small so I think it will be more convenient than a corner fireplace in marble!Until now we never made fire inside... a shame!


To see more FIRE or to join us, visit the Francesca's blog!

21 commentaires:

  1. Wow, four different fireplaces, how nice! I think they are all pretty. I love a fireplace in a room it makes it seem cozy even without a fire.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. They all are beautiful. I'd love to have a real fireplace in my house one day.Thank you for sharing!

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. c'est bin bo!!!!!!!!!!
    hello miss… le ukulele … c'est aussi compliqué que la guitare mais plus maniable… très agréable entre ses bras.
    je suis sur le départ, comme tu as pu le lire, départ demain pour Montréal et 15 jours de vadrouille musicale… un avant goût des vacances… youpi!!!!!!! allez zou, j'ai ma valise à gérer… la bisouille

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. wow ... so many fireplaces. I would love to have one in my home, but as you mention a stove warms more. We got a pellet stove in the Autumn and that has been really good :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Oh, I'm jealous! Wish I had at least one! ;o)

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. Looks great, I´d love to have a fireplace! :-)

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. 4 wow! The marble one seems way to formal for your style. Hope this coming winter you can enjoy a fire in them.

    RépondreSupprimer
  8. How lovely to have 4 fire places. They make a room look so wonderful and a real central focus. Lucky you.

    http://hibiscusbloem.blogspot.com/2012/05/corner-view-fire.html

    RépondreSupprimer
  9. Here's to having a warming stove in one of them one day!

    RépondreSupprimer
  10. looking at your fire places, i'm reminding of the six that sat in ur house here. sat, that's right. we hauled them ALL down. although i love the architecture of a fire place, i'm well glad to be shot of the nuisance, espec. since they wouldn't have been used at all, and i'm a sucker for functionality...
    n♥

    RépondreSupprimer
  11. A fireplace makes such a lovely focal point for a room. How wonderful to have four in your home! Thanks for sharing these pics with us.

    RépondreSupprimer
  12. I looove the pink stove! And never made a fire? That's unbelievable. I really can recommend making one. Good luck. I agree with you on the marble by the way, it's not my favourite either.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. It's not a pink stone! It's a cabinet dolls in my daughter's room ;)
      No fire for several reasons...tiny garden for storing wood, couch too close to the fireplace, etc...

      Supprimer
  13. a wood stove is more efficient than an open fireplace in terms of heat. you must invest in four! :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  14. jolies cheminées, surtout celles en bois
    bonne journée

    RépondreSupprimer
  15. Je ne me souvenais plus qu'elles étaient aussi "travaillées" vos cheminées en marbre !! So chic !!!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. C'est parce que vous venez presque jamais............. :(

      Supprimer
  16. In Germany, only a few houses a fireplace. This is a shame. I like the fire - and when the fireplace is shut down, then I like to be able to put something on the mantelpiece.

    RépondreSupprimer
  17. In Germany, only a few houses a fireplace. This is a shame. I like the fire - and when the fireplace is shut down, then I like to be able to put something on the mantelpiece.

    RépondreSupprimer
  18. Four fireplaces, that's a lot! I do like the marble ones though.

    RépondreSupprimer