30/10/2015

reading


These are my last readings. I realize that I read less lately ... I don't know why.
In fact I haven't finished the book "Doppler" by Erlend Loe. I have not been captivated by this story. I lent the book to my mother and she liked it and even laughed...
I enjoyed this book by Philippe Djian is happening in the world of music.
I loved the book of Julian Fellowes which dives us into the customs of the British aristocracy of the early and mid-twentieth century through an investigation conducted by an elderly gentleman...
And finally, the latest novel by Jon Kalman Stefansson,
one of my favorite authors (my favorite?).
Last September, I was really happy because he came to Tours in a bookstore, talking about his new novel. I bought his book and he signed me, I was happy as a true fan ;)
If his first trilogy was so pleased me, I can not say the same about this book. I liked to read it but I read slower than the previous ones (read a book faster doesn't mean it's a good book...I know). There are beautiful moments in this book but the story is sometimes a little disjointed and repetitive. These are slices of life of different people who lived in Keflavik at different times. I think I'll have to reread this book to be sure of my opinion :)
Have a nice weekend!




9 commentaires:

  1. "passe imparfait" = Downton Abbey? ou non? et par contre - j'ai l'impression que tu lis beaucoup! je vais rechercher stefansson, voir si ses livres sont disponibles ici. bon weekend deja!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. C'est l'auteur qui a écrit Downton Abbey ! Mais là, c'est une autre histoire.

      Supprimer
  2. I enjoyed these! Thank you. Especially the one by Julian Fellowes sounds interesting.

    Have a good weekend!

    Madelief x

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Passionate as you are of the England, I'm sure you would like the Julian Fellowes book!

      Supprimer
  3. One of my favourite writers is Kristin Marja Baldursdottir. (From Iceland) At the moment I am reading book number 3 by Katherine Pancol.
    I might go for the book by Julian Fellowes later.... sounded very interesting.
    (As a Norwegian, I am pleased your mum liked Erlend Loe :) HAPPY WEEKEND!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. I read the Karitas trilogy and I loved it too! There is also the book of Auður Ava Ólafsdóttir (Rosa Candida) which is very good. Some time ago, I read several books by Anne B.Ragde; except one, I loved them.
      I read the Katherine Pancol books too ;)

      Supprimer
  4. Tu lis moins ? Mais tu lis toujours et ton choix du moment m'inspire... côté cadeaux à faire notamment.

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Will take note....really interesting

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. I´ve promised myself to read lots and lots during this winter. :-)

    RépondreSupprimer