Here is the order in which I read these 4 books and it's also my order of preference.
I was a little disappointed by the saga of Gunnar Staalesen. Some passages seemed rather long, I mixed different character names ... I read the first two volumes but I will not buy the number 3 or the following.
I had never read The Great Gatsby. It's done!
I really enjoyed it and I just regret this novel was too short!
This is the last novel of the Icelandic trilogy by Jon Kalman Stefansson. What a joy to dive into this book. This author is a true poet and I think the French translation is excellent too. Many times I read again passages several times because I thought they were just beautiful. I think this is the first time I do that. It's a shame because his other novels have not been translated into French.

I am glad you enjoyed The Great Gatsby. It is such an American Classic. I would love to read the Icelandic trilogy ...thanks for the review!
RépondreSupprimeri do hope the icelandic trilogy is translated into either italian or english!
RépondreSupprimerhappy reading!
i haven't read the great gasby as well. actually i tried, but couldn't make it thorugh after page 9. haha. what do you think about it?
RépondreSupprimerread the great gatsby many years ago :) the icelandic author looks interesting. he is on my to-read list now.
RépondreSupprimerOh, it seems like too long ago I had time to read a book! :-/
RépondreSupprimerI haven't read the great gatsby. I think I should do it. I haven't seen the film, also a mistake. I like Leonardo di Caprio. He's a terrific actor.
RépondreSupprimerI will take a look to that icelandic book.....And I want to know that book about a detective in Bretain....
RépondreSupprimerGreat! Thanks fot your book tips. Something totally new for me and The great Gatsby I heard of, but I don't even know what it is about. Have a great week Rosa!
RépondreSupprimer