19/02/2014

Corner view / bygones

Here are some old stuff I have at home.

In the 50s, my mother was a boarder in a school.
Each student had a box in the dormitory where to put stuff.

A collection of movie stars photos ... 

A tiny calendar ... 

My grandfather had recovered this box during or after the WW2. 

This is a German army box. Germans left plenty of material after 1945.
These codes were the inspection marks used on military equipment
by the German Third Reich. 

These watches and binocles were at my grandparents...a long time ago...

The box is damaged but the binocles are in perfect condition!

This is a book that my dad gave me last week. He loved this book when he was young. Inside there are beautiful illustrations. This book was printed in 1918.


I have several old books. This is probably the oldest. It was printed in 1746! 
It's written in 'French old' but it's still quite understandable :)

Corner View is a weekly appointment - each Wednesday - created by Jane, hosted par Francesca where bloggers from all corners of the world share their view on a pre-arranged theme.To see more CV visit the Francesca's blog! Join us if you want.


22 commentaires:

  1. I am in love with all your old boxes! Have a great week!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. wow!
    such a beautiful panoply of weathered, old things. and books!
    you have treasures on your hand, and sweet, sweet memories, undoubtedly.
    n♥

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. These are so lovely, so interesting, with such intriguing stories. Like you, I treasure old things & their glimpse into the past.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. oh wow,,,
    what treasures. so interesting. each thing holds a deep history and story with them.

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Such treasures! Old, worn, warm and with such good stories. You are so fortunate to have had them passed down to you!

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. what a nice, poetic collection! i've always wanted to spend days at les bouquinistes along the quays of paris discovering old books. i've been to p. loti's house, but never read any of his books. but like yourself, i have brought wonderful paper back from london just to look at!

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. Wow, such an old book. This fascinates me. You also have an old French writer? We have an old font, which is found in old books. I have not learned more, but my grandpa she has shown me so I can read it.

    RépondreSupprimer
  8. I love your boxes and their contents! And the old books - fantastic! Of course, my favorite part is that it all has a history you know. That just makes it all so much more special.

    RépondreSupprimer
  9. Beautiful how you keep the treasures of the past with such love!!
    So they feel like life pulses through them.

    RépondreSupprimer
  10. i love your collection of antiques: such an interesting view on the past (and on past history)!

    RépondreSupprimer
  11. I love old things. Your boxes are so lovely.
    I see you have taken good care of them!

    RépondreSupprimer
  12. Incredible. I have my great grandmother's old spectacles. I was named after her. They are in really good condition as well.

    RépondreSupprimer
  13. WOW! WOW! WOW! With every photo, it got more and more amazing. What a great treasure you have in those boxes!!

    PS ... I had to laugh with your question about RIO! I do not think the Olympics was ever in my future. :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  14. Quelles belles photos! Intéressant aussi. J'adore les vieux livres et quand j'étais étudiante j'ai lu Pêcheur d'Islande. Bon week-end!

    RépondreSupprimer
  15. Ooooh... drooling over those boxes, and of course the book with vintage etchings in it.

    Such a treasure!

    Nicki

    RépondreSupprimer
  16. Wow - what amazing treasures! and beautifully photographed too :-)

    RépondreSupprimer
  17. I love old things, they have a soul! :-)

    RépondreSupprimer
  18. Oh, how pretty! Really beautiful.

    RépondreSupprimer
  19. Amazing post. I often think myself that I need a little apartment for all the things I want to keep but don´t fit in my house. So beautiful things you have.

    RépondreSupprimer
  20. Quel trésor!!! :-o Magnifique!

    RépondreSupprimer