18/04/2013

The last two



These are the last two movies I've seen this week. Two very different styles ...

The subject of 'The Grandmaster' (kung fu), is not something that I like especially. But I love movies of Wong Kar Wai (especially 'In the mood for love'), so I wanted to see it! Conclusion: I loved very much the sets, lighting, costumes and beauty of the pictures but... Even though the film is about the philosophy and the history of kung fu (it's not just fighting so I think it's interesting), I must confess that I slept a little during the movie (maybe because it was late) ... it doesn't happen often when I'm at cinema. Films like 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon' (Tigres & Dragons in french) or 'Hero' had pleased me most, I think.

As for 'Oblivion', if you like science fiction like me, you have a good time. There are beautiful pictures, beautiful spaceships. The story is well. I just wonder why it's always an actor as famous as Tom Cruise playing this kind of character. I'd rather see a little less famous actor! But that's just my opinion :) But overall this is a nice film.

And the next movie I would like to see is 'Promised Land'. Maybe next week...

1 commentaire:

  1. Both movies sound interesting, but I have to say the SF one appeals to me most.

    Have a lovely evening!

    Madelief x

    RépondreSupprimer