31/10/2012

Corner view / am I an artist?




That is the question ... but I think I can answer quite easily. I am "un artiste du dimanche" ("spare time artist" is maybe the best translation?). And I think  the "artist" word is a bit too pompous too! Maybe "occasional and eclectic illustrator" is better. 

Photo 1: Small painting I painted after my return from Finland (Porvoo).
Photo 2: Drawing gouache realized long ago, very long time!
Photo 3: Digital illustration made for some of my clients.

Corner View is a weekly appointment - each Wednesday - created by Jane, hosted par Francesca where bloggers
from all corners of the world share their view on a pre-arranged theme.




19 commentaires:

  1. Oh no, not by being too ostentatious for you. The paintings are beautiful, and I like your work for clients always good.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. I believe that we are all artists...we just need to take the time to realize our potential. I love all of the lovely art work you have realized here

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. You are an artist because you makes beautiful things without being aware of it !
    Salvador Dali said :
    " A true artist is not one who is inspired but one who inspires others"

    ^_^

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. these are very beautiful creations and very different from each other.

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. i love the first one very much, also the other ones...i don't think the word is pompous for you!

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. Créative va !!!! Et modeste en plus !!!! ;-))

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. I like the texture in the first piece.

    I know what you mean about the word artist sounding pompous. I even thought as I wrote my post, if I say I am an artist, am I sounding this way? I know a very famous artist who sells his work for big bucks. When he talks about himself he says, "I paint," or "I am a painter." (With a certain type of humility) In fact when my husband first met him he thought the man was a house painter!
    For me, saying I am an artist gives life to a part of myself I am trying to resurrect. So I guess it's all relative :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  8. I think you are and artist! Both your paintings look lovely! The top one is my favourite. Love the colours.

    Madelief x

    RépondreSupprimer
  9. I'd definitely call you an artist, although I like the phrase "occasional and eclectic illustrator."

    RépondreSupprimer
  10. you've certainly raised a bit of a debate, elsa, have so enjoyed the introspection of this. and i quite take to your 'sunday illustrator', it sounds romantic and does hold truth.
    and look at what art flows from these efforts! i really take a shine to that first work of yours! do you think finland may have influenced you here?
    the colours, the canvas. it works!
    n♥

    RépondreSupprimer
  11. Fun works, and great theme! It`s a lively discussion around the world, and I too like your ideas for words that have more color and intrigue that the word `artist` which in a funny way, as a word, has become almost numb from overuse! Cherish the precious occasional and eclectic illustrator in you!!
    ♡

    RépondreSupprimer
  12. Oh, I just fell in love with the first one! Love colours, texture and subject! No need to give the child a name, just do what you're doing, it's beautiful!

    RépondreSupprimer
  13. Jadoooooooooor vos dessins!!! :0) Merci de visiter mon blog et de laisser votre doux copmmantaire!!! :0)

    Bonne soirée!!
    xxx Maria xxx

    RépondreSupprimer
  14. !!!!!!!!!!!! Ils ont juste MAGNIFIQUE!!!!!!!!!
    xxx Maria xxx

    RépondreSupprimer
  15. yes, yes, you are one other real artist among us: you've got the skills, the genius, and something even more unique: the humorous outlook onto life!

    RépondreSupprimer
  16. Moi je dis qu'une artiste qui dort reste une artiste tout de même…;-)))

    RépondreSupprimer
  17. Very beautiful. Of course, you call yourself an artist :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  18. Great work. Keep on doing it. And believe in yourself

    RépondreSupprimer