06/06/2012

Corner view: imagine







For this Corner View I thought these photos taken last Monday well illustrated this theme. Last Monday, I accompanied my daughter's class for a trip to visit the Abbaye Royale de Fontevraud. This abbey is located near Saumur city in the Loire Valley. Guides explained to the kids the construction methods of buildings and church and the life of the abbey in the Middle Ages. The effigies of Richard the first (Richard Coeur de Lion), Eleanor of Aquitaine impressed the children. The strict life of monks and nuns told by a guide have also pushed their imaginations. A beautiful and perfect place to imagine medieval life. Some time ago, I read the book "World without end" (Un monde sans fin) by Ken Follett. In this abbey, I thought of this book several times!


Visit the Francesca's blog to see more IMAGINE all over the world.

16 commentaires:

  1. It looks very beautiful, thanks for sharing! :-)

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. A beautiful place to spend the day. xo

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Wow, so beautiful! I am fascinated every time I think of that famous and long dead personalities lived there, which I visit now. The story was written right there. This caused me goosebumps.

    I received your mail - I answer you tomorrow. Sorry it took so long.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. how very intriguing. how very french, those grounds.
    i imagine myself in a loire castle.
    perhaps one day it'll become real.
    n♥

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. What a fabulous Abbey. Lovely architecture. I bet the children had heads filled with wonderful imagines.

    http://hibiscusbloem.blogspot.com/2012/06/corner-view-imagine.html

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. incredibly beautiful place

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. what an impressive place :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  8. Beautiful place to visit, to let your imagination flow...

    RépondreSupprimer
  9. What a beautiful castle! France is by far the best!

    RépondreSupprimer
  10. You are just SOOOOO lucky to live in a place where you are surrounded by so much history - and by so much beauty. That church is absolutely stunning - those soaring arches in glorious white stone - I can almost imagine heaven looking at these pictures. Our buildings here in New Zealand are very young - the oldest would be maybe 150 years or so . . . and sadly for us here in Christchurch most of those are gone. Your photos are lovely too :-)
    Karyn xx

    RépondreSupprimer
  11. ça fait longtemps que je veux y aller… peut-être y arriverai-je un jour? ont-ils effacé toutes les traces de son passé de prison? à bientôt et bonne journée chère Menthe!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Comme c'était une visite encadrée avec des scolaires, je n'ai pas fait tous les recoins du site mais je n'ai rien vu qui pouvait le rappeler réellement. Je crois qu'une des guides a dit qu'il y avait des pierres gravées par des prisonniers. La semaine prochaine, je posterai d'autres photos du lieu.

      Supprimer
  12. Et tu me fais imaginer une belle machine à remonter le temps...

    RépondreSupprimer
  13. I had to look it up were it all is, it helped your link with the information!
    And now I noticed that my uncly lives a bit belowe Tours, in Bourgenouf! So it can be on the way for me to my uncle!
    Only, because I'm from east Netherlands, I take the east side road to him!
    But, I hope next time I visit him to go to this beautiful Abbey....thanks for your tour!

    RépondreSupprimer
  14. I love the white spaciousness and imagining the wonder of being a child and visiting there!

    RépondreSupprimer