19/09/2011

Monday trip 30: Imatra & Savonlinna / Finland

 Imatra
  Imatra
  Imatra

Short stop in Imatra. This town near the Russian border and situated on Saima lake, has an impressive dam. Unfortunately, we didn't come at a time when water is released ...

Then go to Savonlinna, a city where there is a castle built in the XVI century to control the borders of Sweden and Russia. Every year there is a great opera festival there.

Like other Monday Trip about Finland, these photos were taken in 201O.



  Savonlinna
Savonlinna
Savonlinna
Savonlinna
Savonlinna


Have a look at the Li+Belle and Alex Monday Trip!

Join us to participate in the Monday Trip (large or small trip, nice place near you,...).

7 commentaires:

  1. Toujours aussi charmant ! Imatra semble plus aride !
    Et…………… j'ai posté my MT… vi vi !!!!
    bonne semaine à toi !

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Alors welcome again et bon courage pour la semaine ;)

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. I wasn't there before - but it seems to be very beautiful! Great photos!

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Gerald: Thank you! Yes, it's a great place. I will post other photos about this place soon.

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. These are great photos again. I did not know how great it is in the far north.

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. Wow, this brings back memories! I also went to the castle in Savonlinna and the grey/bleuish house. It's beautiful there. I stayed in Punkaharju for 3 months, I love Finland. You made beautiful pictures (again). Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog, I try to keep my text shorter :-).

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. Debora: You must be familiar with the area if you stayed 3 months! It was during summer? I would like to go during winter, it must be really different.

    RépondreSupprimer