10/03/2011

Book questions


Li+Belle asked me to answer about my reading preferences. Thank you ;) Have a look to her preferences !



• What are your favorite authors?
Arto Paasilinna, Alexande Dumas, René Barjavel, Katherine Pancol, JJR Tolkien, Emile Zola, Ken Follet, Michel Peyramaure,...

• Which book is your favorite book of all time?
it's a difficult choice: I prefer not to answer

• Do you prefer to buy books or borrow you them to you?
Buy... but I like going to the library too

• Do you prefer hardback or paperback books?
Paperback

• Do you prefer to buy at amazon or in a bookstore?
Both

• Are you sorting your books by author and title or place them randomly on the shelf?
By author... and randomly

• Do you keep the dust cover or you throw it away?
I keep it but I find it's not convenient!

• Do you buy new books or do you read used books?
Both

• Which better beginning do you like : The night was dark and stormy ... or ... it once was?
The first one

• How does your purchasing decision: bestsellers, book reviews, recommendations from friends or relatives?
From friends and by random, reading the summary on the back of the book

• You prefer to read a single tape or a series?
Single tape

• Do you prefer a closed end or a cliff-hanger?
Maybe closed end

• Do you prefer bookmarks or do you have a dog-ear the page?
I have a bookmark but I never use it > always a dog-ear (only on my own books)

• Do you prefer short stories or read whole novels?
Whole novels

• Are you stopping when you are tired, or you read to the end of the chapter?
Most of the time I read to the end of the chapter but sometimes.... it's impossible ;)

• What book you like from nobody has ever heard of?
I don't know if this book exists...

• What's your favorite book of last year?
Katherine Pancol "Les yeux jaunes des crocodiles / The yellow eyes of crocodiles"


• What book are you reading right now?
Last night, I finished "La cavale du géomètre/Elämä lyhyt, Rytkönen pitkä" of Arto Paasilinna and I'll start tonight, "La douce empoisonneuse/Suloinen myrkynkeittäjä" always of the same author.


Photo © IndianSumm.

3 commentaires:

  1. Oh great. You are fast. :)
    I am pleased to see that we like the same authors.
    JRR Tolkien - Lord of the Rings I have read countless times.
    Alexande Duma - The Three Musketeers: my daughter has a radio play at home and this is made ​​really great, very funny sometimes.
    And Emile Zola - I have almost the entire novel cycle Les Rougon-Macquart in my book shelf. A brilliant writer.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. That was interesting to read! I never find my bookmark either :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Li+Belle : it was nice to answer to these questions :) even I read not a lot...

    Francesca: Thanks! Yes, same for me... I never know where it is!

    RépondreSupprimer