The New York trilogy - Paul Auster
I haven't finished this book. I read the first part, but I haven't wanted to keep reading. Maybe my mood was not open, I don't know, but I haven't hooked this story.
The picture of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde
I wanted to read this book for a long time. It's done! Youth, beauty, decay, art and fantastic in the Victorian era... Very good book, I would like to see the movie now that came out a few years ago.
Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen
I loved Emma I read some time ago but I think I prefer this one. I love being immersed in the life and habits of English society of the nineteenth. Very interesting. I read this book really quickly and I want to discover other novels of this author.
Svar við bréfi Helgu (La lettre à Helga) - Bergsveinn Birgisson
This short novel is a letter and a confession of love. It's beautiful and moving. I definitely like how Icelandic authors write...

Oh how I love the beautiful covers of French books! I could wander in French bookstores for hours just looking at the wonderful cover art. I adore Jane Austen too. One summer while I was in France I read & reread all of her works because I was able to download them all on my iPad for free. But then I miss out on the beauty of the actually books.
RépondreSupprimerReally good reads! Paul Aster and Bergsveinn Birgisson are not familiair to me, but the other classics are. I enjoyed reading them very much!
RépondreSupprimermadelief x
J'aime bien Jane Austen, surtout Pride and Prejudice. J'ai envie de lire Sense and Sensibility encore une fois.
RépondreSupprimerI really admire that you get to read so many books. I used to read a lot when younger, but now I only feel like reading crime novels. Just discovered Jean-Christophe Grangé :)
RépondreSupprimeri got the latest Paul Auster (winter something), and was disappointed. Jane Austen? Oh, I love all of her work! Persuasion and P&P are my favorites.
RépondreSupprimerPaul Auster, I have already read. I like the Americans like Auster or Updike or Boyle. My destination is to read in original.
RépondreSupprimer